Le Sallay International Academy
Our programs challenge all learners to grow beyond what they believe is possible, enable them to explore widely, and empower them to delve deeper wherever their passions lead them. In our caring and compassionate environment, students discover that high expectations develop lifelong habits of excellence. With individualized guidance, pioneering practices, and continuous exploration, we prepare graduates for responsible leadership in a diverse and global community.
- Creating a friendly atmosphere aimed at making the most of students’ abilities.
- Helping children grow up as responsible and conscious citizens of their countries and the world.
- Providing a high level of interest and knowledge in the arts & humanities as well as the natural sciences and mathematics, and developing a strong motivation to study.
- Preparing all students for exams at the end of secondary school (ISEE, SSAT, GCSE or national analogues).
- Independent thinking. Critical thought and independent reasoning grant the ability and confidence to make sound decisions without reference to groupthink.
- Self-reflection. There are many definitions, but perhaps the most important is the capacity to analyze your own intellectual and emotional presuppositions. We encourage students to question themselves all the time: why are my opinions like this or like that? What in my personal life or my cultural heritage determines them? How impartial am I?
- Rhetorical Awareness. Independent thinking and self-reflection are closely related with a resistance to rhetorical manipulation. We teach students to recognize the main methods of manipulation, including the main enemy of independent thinking – uncritical group identity.
- Diversity. Students from all over the world will attend our school, which means more diversity than any American school can offer, even the most cosmopolitan. We strive to recognize real difference where it exists, and to move students from acceptance to appreciation of that difference. Critical thinking, independent thinking and self-reflection are the tools that help them do so.
The Best Teachers
Many teachers are reluctant to relocate to a boarding school. We can attract the best teaching talent by offering work from home, combined with several study camps a year.
For teachers, three weeks of quality time at study camp will allow them to establish personal contact with students, which makes online teaching more effective and enhances the motivation of students and teachers alike.
Preserved Family Relations
Like homeschooled children, our participants live at home, preserving a close family bond. However, parents do not need to seek out teachers or monitor children’s performance on their own.
A child psychologist is available for parents who need advice.
Homeschooled children often lack social skills and do not start learning to interact with their peers until high school, which can be challenging. Children at boarding schools often struggle without frequent contact with their parents, and some are traumatized by the highly competitive environment and bullying often found in boarding schools.
Children in our program remain close to their parents while socializing both during shared online classes and in the safe and fun atmosphere of study camps. A child psychologist is present to prevent bullying and keep conflicts from escalating.
Study camps allow children to meet their peers from all over the world and learn to respect cultural diversity.
- Type of Accommodation: On Campus
- Château Le Sallay, Lieu dit le Sallay, D149
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772