University of California Santa Cruz
The University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) is a well-known research-based higher education institution that currently operates under the umbrella of the University of California system. The university has been consistently highly ranked among similar research institutions both inside and outside the US.
The idea for the establishment of the university came as a direct result of a bid to the governing board of the University of California system to equip Santa Cruz with a competitive public institution of higher education.
Opened in the fall of 1965, the university is committed to equipping students with the most relevant and up-to-date knowledge in their chosen academic discipline. With over 60 undergraduate and 40 graduate degree programs, UCSC has developed itself as an arena for interdisciplinary education and research opportunities in arts, engineering, humanities, physical and biological sciences, and social sciences.
Covering over 810 hectares of land surrounded by Santa Cruz Mountains, the main university campus hosts 10 residential colleges, and the modern McHenry library, gathering publications related to arts, humanities and social sciences.
This is UC Santa Cruz...
UCSC is a world-class research and teaching university featuring interdisciplinary learning and a distinctive residential college system. From building more efficient solar cells to researching personalized care for cancer patients, UC Santa Cruz's focus is on improving our planet and the lives of all its inhabitants.
Ranking / Awards
- 1ST in the world for the percent of papers in natural sciences and mathematics published in the 20 most highly-cited journals in the world, such as Science, Nature, and others.
- 1ST in the nation for the publication impact of the computer engineering Ph.D. program, by the National Research Council.
- 2ND on College Factual’s 2018 list of the best colleges and universities in the U.S. to study Cell Biology and Anatomical Science; 4th for Natural Resources and Conservation; and 6th for Film, Video and Photographic Arts.
- 5TH in the world on U.S. News and World Report’s list of Best Global Universities for Space Sciences and in the top 50 overall.
- 10TH in the nation for graduate programs in geophysics and seismology on U.S. News and World Report’s 2019 Best Graduate Schools guide. Earth Sciences and Physics ranked in the top 50 while six other graduate programs ranked in the top 100.
- 13TH on Princeton Review’s list of top graduate schools for video game design for 2018; the undergraduate program is ranked 17th.
- 15TH in the world for research influence in the 2018-19 Times Higher Education rankings.
- Type of Accommodation: On Campus
- 1156 High St, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, United States
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772