University of California - Riverside
UC Riverside is a proud member of the prestigious University of California system, which this year marks its 150th anniversary. Our history of high-impact innovation began with the university's earliest days as a Citrus Experiment Station and continues through today's transformative research. As we celebrate our past, we prepare next-generation scientists, engineers, performers, entrepreneurs, and policymakers to tackle tomorrow's challenges.
Since our founding, UCR’s evolution has mirrored the dynamic growth of Southern California. Once a small university in a small town, we are now the premier research and educational institution in the thriving Inland Southern California region.
Situated on nearly 1,200 scenic acres in Inland Southern California, UC Riverside’s diverse, inclusive, and globally-focused community is creating a new model for what a great public research university can achieve.
With more than 26,000 students and 1,100 faculty — including two Nobel Prize winners and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine — we are pioneering research with economic, scientific, and social impact on the real-world challenges we face in California and beyond.
The reach and importance of our work are gaining prominence. We rank among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide by the Center for World University Rankings and one of the nation’s top 12 public universities by Forbes.
But the benefits of being a Highlander don’t stop with the stats — or within the bounds of our expansive campus. Being a part of the UCR community means you have access to the vibrant city of Riverside — near-desert, mountain, and coastal destinations, as well as dozens of major cultural and recreational sites.
Ranking / Awards
We’re proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine’s 2019 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings. Each of the last two years, U.S. News & World Report named UCR the top university in the nation for social mobility.
UC Riverside has received recognition in many national
and international rankings:
- The No. 1 university in the United States for social mobility two years in a row. – U.S. News & World Report
- No. 1 for Hispanic enrollment among selective universities. – Urban Institute
- No. 2 in the country for financial aid. – Business Insider 2019
- No. 12 in the U.S. and No. 9 among public universities. – Money Magazine 2019
- The country’s most transformative public university. – Money Magazine 2019
- Top 10 colleges that pay off the most in big cities. – CNBC
- One of the nation's top 12 public universities. – Forbes "America's Best Value Colleges"
- No. 4 in the country for social mobility. – Education Reform Now
- Top 1 percent of universities worldwide. – Center for World University Rankings 2019-20
- No. 15 among public universities. – Washington Monthly
- One of the Top 30 public institutions contributing to the public good. – Washington Monthly
- No. 2 in Entomology research in the world – Center for World University Rankings
- One of America’s best value colleges. – Princeton Review
- No. 3 in Hispanic STEM graduates in the nation. – National Science Foundation
- No. 26 in the world in plant and animal sciences. – U.S. News & World Report
- Type of Accommodation: On Campus
- University of California, Riverside 900 University Ave. Riverside, CA 92521
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772
Located in the 10th most populous county in the United States and California’s fastest-growing region, UC Riverside has much to offer. Its diverse, inclusive, and globally focused community reflects California’s many cultures and perspectives.