New York Medical College
Since 1860, New York Medical College (NYMC) has trained generations of students from all over the world to deliver skilled and compassionate medical care, explore the basic science questions that lead to important discoveries, and provide leadership in the field of public health and essential services to people with specialized care needs.
The School of Medicine, Graduate School of Basic Medical Sciences, and School of Health Sciences and Practice, the Touro College of Dental Medicine at NYMC, and the Touro College School of Health Sciences’ nursing program at NYMC – all on the Valhalla campus in Westchester County, New York, provides a large catchment area that enables our students to treat and work with culturally and economically diverse populations, and pursue a wide range of career, residency and internship opportunities. Our affiliate hospitals are some of the finest in the tri-state area, and our faculty is unsurpassed in their dedication and skill.
NYMC is located on a 565-acre suburban campus shared with Westchester Medical Center, 15 miles outside of the New York City limits.
NYMC is distinguished by its inclusive and humanistic approach to education. Historically, we were ahead of our time in admitting and graduating women and students of color. Having joined the Touro College and University System in 2011, we are enjoying a new era of growth, diversity and opportunity, illustrated by recent innovations such as our Clinical Skills and Simulation Center, Biotechnology Incubator and impressive growth in applications and fundraising. After 159 years, NYMC is stronger than ever – excellent news for our students and the populations they serve.
POINTS OF PRIDE
- NYMC opened a new Family Health Center, an outpatient faculty practice, providing comprehensive, medical and preventive care, in addition to urgent care for employees, family members and patients of all ages.
- BioInc@NYMC, the fully-equipped biotechnology incubator, celebrated its five-year anniversary and expansion that includes an additional 9,500 square feet of new offices, conference rooms, shared-space desks and collaborative space.
- The Health Sciences Library completed renovations on a reading room for quiet study space filled with natural light, ergonomic seating, standing workstations, modular desks and seating booths.
- NYMC houses a state-of-the-art 21,000 square-foot Clinical Skills and Simulation Center, where students receive hands-on training in a replicated hospital setting with standardized patients and mannequins to hone clinical skills in a safe and controlled environment before treating actual patients.
- NYMC expanded its campus to 19 Skyline Drive, a 248,000-square-foot, five-story building providing essential space for offices and new programs.
- The Dr. Edward F. and Mrs. Anna M. Asprinio Fitness Center, offers a state-of-the-art fitness and wellness facility for the NYMC community.
- The Touro College of Dental Medicine at New York Medical College (TouroCDM) opened in 2016 making it the first new dental school in New York State in nearly half a century and is graduating its first class in 2020.
- In 2018, TouroCDM opened a state-of-the-art 32,000-square-foot oral health care facility, Touro Dental Health.
- NYMC and Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) have a 12-year Academic Affiliation Agreement to strengthen the academic medicine programs, clinical care and research practices of both NYMC and WMCHealth.
- A Center of Excellence in Precision and Responses to Bioterrorism and Disasters was created to provide expertise and leadership in preventing, diagnosing and treating public health threats specific to biological and chemical terrorism, and public health emergencies and developing medical countermeasures.
- NYMC is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- The School of Medicine is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- The School of Health Sciences and Practice (SHSP) public health programs is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy in SHSP is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology in SHSP is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
- The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) awarded the School of Medicine the coveted status of “Accreditation with Commendation.”
- NYMC received re-accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for its residency and fellowship programs through 2025.
Ranking / Awards
New York Medical College 2021 Rankings
94-122. in Best Medical Schools: Research.
94-122. in Best Medical Schools: Primary Care.
- Type of Accommodation: On Campus
- 40 Sunshine Cottage Rd, Valhalla, NY 10595, United States
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772