Life Chiropractic College West
Life Chiropractic College West traces its founding to 1976 when the institution was called Pacific States Chiropractic College and had just begun the process of developing an educational institution and preparing the college to receive its first class of students. In April 1978, the first group of students at Pacific States Chiropractic College began attending classes.
In March 1981, through the efforts of Dr. George Anderson, Dr. George Wentland, and Dr. Sid E. Williams, president and founder of Life Chiropractic College (now Life University), an agreement was reached between Life Chiropractic College and the Pacific States Chiropractic College. As a result, the college was renamed Life Chiropractic College West.
Dr. Gerry Clum served as the President of Life West for 30 years until his retirement in December of 2010. His contribution to the college and the profession, both in the United States and the world beyond, is unparalleled.
In 2010, the Board of Regents appointed Dr. Brian Kelly as the second President of Life West. Dr. Kelly took up the role in January 2011, and under Dr. Kelly’s direction, Life West grew and flourished.
Upon Dr. Kelly’s departure in October 2016, the Board of Regents appointed the Chairman of the Board of Regents, Dr. Ron Oberstein, to serve as Interim President. In July 2017, Dr. Oberstein was selected as the third President of Life West. Under Dr. Oberstein’s leadership, the college has turned its focus to mission-centric and student-centric operations while focusing on the principles of Lasting Purpose: to give, to do, to love, and to serve, from a sense of abundance.
Life West is proud of its history and legacy of producing happy and successful alumni who practice around the world. We are excited to continue to hold the initial vision alive while innovating and finding ways to educate at the highest level and to maintain the honor of graduating successful and thriving chiropractors.
- ??To advance chiropractic through personalized learning, technique and pedagogic excellence, philosophical inquiry, entrepreneurial spirit, and compassionate service
- To lead chiropractic education with cultural authority in the profession, delivering the Doctor of Chiropractic program along with complementary master’s and doctorate programs
- To transform humanity by our service while remaining grounded in the traditional philosophy and principles of chiropractic
- To cultivate a college environment of innovation, collaboration, scholarship and research, and a commitment to give do, love, and serve from a place of abundance
- The vision of Life Chiropractic College West is to create a brighter future for humanity.
OUR STRATEGIC GOALS
- ?Deliver a doctor of chiropractic program that is clinically and philosophically inspired
- Build a campus culture that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Develop a culture of service within and outside of the college
- ?Engage alumni and stakeholders as active members of the college community
- Improve institutional effectiveness through constant innovation and assessment
- ?Offer new graduate programs that strengthen the college identity and flow from our values, vision, and mission
- ??Ensure financial security through revenue diversity and growth
LIFE WEST VALUES
- ?Our values are our LASTING PURPOSE which is TO GIVE, TO DO, TO LOVE, TO SERVE, FROM ONE’S OWN ABUNDANCE
Ranking / Awards
Based on 67 evaluation metrics, Life Chiropractic College West program ranks #1,086 Graduate School (out of 1976; top 55%) in the United States and #110
- Type of Accommodation: On Campus
- 25001 Industrial Blvd. Hayward, CA 94545
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772