University Of Veterinary Medicine Budapest
University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest (UVMB):
- The diploma students get here ensures outstanding career prospects, a respected, well paid and acknowledged profession.
- After 5.5 years of studies, students receive the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine diploma.
- English language speaking environment: the most international veterinary campus in Europe – 65% of students come from foreign
- European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (E.A.E.V.E.) accreditation since 1995.
- This means that the degree received at the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest is accepted automatically by the member countries
of the European Union and in several other countries of the world.
- Out of the 97 veterinary universities in Europe, the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest was the 7th that received the European accreditation.
- The preparation for the American Veterinary Medical Association (A.V.M.A.) accreditation is in progress. Until the AVMA accreditation is not obtained graduates are entitled for residency and to practice in North America after the completion of a board exam in Canada and in the US.
- Thorough theoretical foundation of studies, followed by a practical training on how to treat and cure animals.
- The program takes 5.5 years, parallel to the standard curriculum found in most European veterinary programs.
- The 11th (practical) semester includes practical work at the University Clinics and university-associated institutions.
- In 2006 a new up-to-date Small Animal Clinic was opened to provide students, staff and clients with 21st-century facilities for diagnostics and treatment.
- The Large Animal Clinic opened in Summer 2001. It is also used for practical training.
- Centrally located campus, easily accessible by public transport.
- On the campus beautiful old buildings and a green park make students feel welcome and at home.
- Small, friendly campus (all together approximately 1200-1300 students) – students and teachers easily get to know each other.
Fields of career opportunities:
- Small and Large Animal Clinics
- State Office of Veterinary Hygiene
- Public Health
- Exotic animals
- 230 YEARS OF TRADITION
- IN THE TOP 7 EUROPEAN VET SCHOOLS
- THE MOST INTERNATIONAL VETERINARY UNIVERSITY
- 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- VALUABLE EUROPEAN DEGREE
- WELL-PAID PROFESSION
- PRACTISE ORIENTED TRAINING
- SMALL GROUPS
Ranking / Awards
EAEVE Accreditation The Faculty's strong commitment to quality is reflected not only in its continuously evolving internal quality assurance system but also in its outstanding performance at external evaluations: the Faculty has been audited and approved by EAEVE twice, first in 1995 and then again in 2004. The EAEVE (the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education) evaluates education standards for veterinarians as stated in the EU directive 2005/36. In February 2014, the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education evaluated our Veterinary Faculty in two stages. Besides examining our curriculum, our quality management system was inspected as well. Since 2009 only those universities can be considered accredited schools which pass both stages of the accreditation procedure. The rest of the forty-nine European veterinary schools belong only to the “accepted” category. After Helsinki, London, Bern, Copenhagen, Vienna, and Gent we are the seventh Veterinary School to fulfill those strict requirements expected by the Association which is well known to be devoted to quality assurance. The high level of veterinary training attracts excellent, motivated students and the European accreditation certifies that the level of the Hungarian veterinary training equals to that of the best schools in Europe. Results of the EAEVE evaluation are followed by professional organisations overseas, and the EAEVE accreditation helps to accept the diplomas outside Europe, too.
- Type of Accommodation: N/A
- Istvan u. 2.
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772