Akaki Tsereteli State University
The history of Akaki Tsereteli State University started eight decades ago and now, it is a higher educational institution in Georgia distinguished with its excellent traditions, which have found a decent place in the cultural-intellectual and moral upbringing of generations. The University has gained universal recognition as a result of staff training, high-quality scientific potential and wide-ranging links with scientific institutes of advanced countries.
Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University, in fact, was founded in the entrails of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. In July 1930, the authorities abolished Tbilisi State University and created four independent higher education institutions at its base. One of them was the State Pedagogical Institute, which, from then on, until 1933, was functioning in Tbilisi. In 1933, the institute continued functioning in Kutaisi from February 13 of the same year. In 1933-1990 the institution was in the position of Alexander Tsulukidze State Pedagogical Institute.
In 1990, the higher education institution was transformed into Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University, which was a logical culmination of the great work that the institute successfully had for almost six decades of its existence.
According to the Decree #39 of the Government of Georgia on February 23, 2006, the reorganization was carried out of the legal entities of public law - Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University and Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili State Technical University through their unification. The educational institution was named as a university and was called Akaki Tsereteli State University.
Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili Polytechnic Institute was granted the official status on 23 September 1973 and was ceremonially opened on September 1, 1974. In 1977, the institution was named after the academician Niko Muskhelishvili. On September 21, 1992, Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili Polytechnic Institute was granted university status and was called Kutaisi Niko Muskhelishvili State Technical University.
By the resolution #353 of the Government of Georgia of 16 November 2010, the legal entity of public law -Sokhumi State University of Subtropical Agriculture joined Akaki Tsereteli State University.
In 1952, at the historic, geographical and economic center of western Georgia - Kutaisi, an agricultural institution was opened on the grounds of subtropical agriculture service. In 1959, it was transferred to the typical subtropical zone (Abkhazia, Sokhumi) and was named the Institute of Subtropical Agriculture of Georgia.
In the 90s of the twentieth century, due to events in Abkhazia, the institution became a refugee in Kutaisi. With the guidance of Prof. F. Pruidze, the educational process was restored at the Institute thanks to the leadership of the city, Akaki Tsereteli State University, and the city facilities.
- First class school according to the World health organization
- Recognized by Foundation for the advancement of international medical education and research(FAIR).
- International medical educational directory
- International Association of medical education and research(AMEE).
More than 160k students graduated from the university and some of them are great poets, politicians, prime ministers, speakers, etc. the concept they used is a mixture of classroom training with practical exposure which enhances the world-class education both- national and international.
The university offers one of the best clinics in Georgia, with full resources and 24*7 availability of physicians and nurses.
The present rector of Akaki tsereteli university Mr. Georgi Chakvetadze is a famous scientist-physician of all times.
Ranking / Awards
Akaki Tsereteli State University Kutaisi
World Rank:- 11239
Presence Rank:- 6141
Impact Rank:- 13602
Openness Rank:- 7879
Excellence Rank:- 6033
- Type of Accommodation: On Campus
- 59 Tamar Mepe str.
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772