University of Waterloo
Waterloo goes beyond the classroom, to a place where experience is the teacher. Beyond problems to solutions that address social, technical and economic needs. Beyond the laboratory, to the research that propels industries, organizations and society.
Waterloo is at the forefront of innovation and is home to transformational research and inspired learning. Located in the heart of Canada's technology hub, we are growing a network of global partnerships that will shape the future by working beyond disciplines and building bridges with industry, institutions, and communities.
Our incredible people and partners take us beyond the lives we're living today, to find solutions to the global challenges that lie ahead. Creating change that goes beyond the status quo and is felt around the world.
Waterloo goes beyond—to challenge, connect and propel our world.
Explore Canada’s innovation university by the numbers
- The University of Waterloo has 40,000 full and part-time students cumulatively between undergraduate and graduate programs (Fall 2018)
- 85% are undergraduate and 15% are graduate students
- 45,600 enrolments per year in online undergraduate & graduate courses (2017/18)
- The 1000-acre main campus, 100+ buildings with six faculties
- 1957: the University of Waterloo opens with 74 students, with engineering and co-operative education as cornerstones
- 61%students have an entrance average 90+ percent fall 2018
- #1in Canada for computer science and #2 for engineeringU.S. News and World Report 2019
- 27years as Canada's most innovative universityMaclean's 2019
Ranking / Awards
Employers and educators recognize the value of a Waterloo degree. In rankings, we are consistently among the best universities in the world
Waterloo leads the way
We aim to be the world’s top university for creators, explorers and boundary-pushing thinkers. The best and brightest students, staff and faculty are drawn to Waterloo for our renowned academic programs, world-leading co-operative education, and teaching and research excellence.
- Most innovative university in Canada for 27 consecutive years (Maclean's 2019)
- #1 in Canada for computer science and #2 in Canada for engineering (U.S. News and World Report Best Global Universities 2019)
- The Research University of the Year among Canadian comprehensive universities for 11 consecutive years (Research Infosource 2018)
- 2019 national rankings (Maclean's magazine)
- 27years in Canada as the most innovative university2019
- #2in Canada for being leaders of tomorrow2019
- #2in Canada reputation for best overall university2019
- Type of Accommodation: Off Campus
- 200 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1, Canada
- To know more contact PSA toll free number 18002585772