The Business School received full research training accreditation in the 2005 Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Recognition Exercise.
The School has significant research expertise in the following subject areas:
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Management Science and Business Economics
- Organisation Studies
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entrance to both the PhD by Management programme and the MSc by Research is competitive. Academic credentials are important for a successful application, however, we also pay great attention to the fit of students to our academic programme, and particularly to the research interests of our academic faculty.
Minimum academic requirements
For entry to the PhD programme applicants must meet the following minimum academic qualifications.
A postgraduate masters degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas showing evidence of above-average academic achievement. This includes:
- a degree classification with a mark of 65% or more overall (University of Edinburgh level or overseas equivalent)
- normally a masters dissertation at the distinction level (University of Edinburgh level or overseas equivalent). MBA or master's students without a dissertation are welcome to apply and should normally provide evidence of distinction level work.
Entry to the MSc by Research programme usually requires that applicants have a UK first-class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification. Applicants with a 2:1 undergraduate degree may be considered.
Applications may be accepted to the PhD or MSc by Research programme from those still currently studying; however, any offer will be conditional on the successful completion of the degree at the required standard.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Management of Bioeconomy, Innovation and Governance MSc at The University of Edinburgh