Master of Educational Leadership
The Master of Educational Leadership course at the Australian Catholic University is a values underpinned, research driven, practically orientated program designed to support the capabilities of current and aspiring educational leaders wishing to enhance their leadership capacity within the context of their professional settings and the Australian national standards. Participants explore theories of educational leadership, management and administration, and learn to apply them appropriately to their own contexts including Catholic and faith-based educational organisations defined as those organisations affiliated with a religious group or established Church.
Taught by active researchers and experienced practitioners, this course explicitly integrates theory and practice to enable graduates to apply the latest research, and the knowledge and skills to improve their organisations with effective leadership informed by defensible ethical and moral principles.
The course has been designed to enable participants with varying leadership and career circumstances to select appropriate units to meet their needs. Alumni have been successful in gaining promotion and/or admission to doctoral study. The program is flexibly delivered in response to participants’ needs, organisational dynamics and unique contexts. Participants design and implement a leadership project as part of a culminating Capstone.
Specialist areas leading to a named specialisation:
- Catholic Educational Leadership
- Leading Learning
- Indigenous Leadership
- Executive Leadership
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Educational Leadership is for teachers and administrators who want to enhance their professional practice and become leaders in their school community or organisation. The Master of Educational Leadership is the next step towards becoming an educational leader.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have completed the equivalent of a:
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree and a recognised teaching qualification;
- Bachelor degree in an area other than Education.
English Language Requirement:
- Applicants must also have an IELTS overall score of 7.0, with an individual score of 6.0 in all tests.
- Course Code: 084793M, 099128K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Social Work at Australian Catholic University (ACU)