Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development
The programme is designed to equip you with the skillset required to work in an array of computing roles in industry. You will develop secure software with the most modern methods of software technology for all areas of application, and you will have the ability to analyse, select, and utilise appropriate emerging technologies for the development of a software solution. You will be able to store, manage and mine data for businesses, and to develop systems to enable organisations to extract value from such data.
Why is Software Systems Development important?
People and businesses such as Google, Facebook and Amazon generate vast amounts of data every day with each person leaving a digital footprint across the web. There is a demand for high quality software developers with multi-disciplinary skills and this programme will produce software developers, who can analyse this data for businesses to give them a competitive advantage, by equipping them with core skills in data science and information systems allied to excellent software development skills.
This programme provides you with the opportunity to become a well-rounded software developer with a background in either business, psychology, or a European language.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD210
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Games Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology