Graduate Certificate in Local Government Leadership
This course explores the trends, challenges and opportunities of leading in local government. It helps build advanced skills and knowledge to enable current and aspiring local government leaders to make a greater contribution to improving economic, social, environmental and governance performance of their organisations for the benefit of communities now and into the future.
The course is tailored to the local government environment and allows current and aspiring leaders to develop contextual understanding and professional capabilities necessary for leadership in the public sector. There is a particular focus on the need for local government leaders to understand and demonstrate commitment to the production of 'public value' (Moore 1995); outcomes that are truly valued in the community.
The course offers the opportunity to undertake an education program that responds to individual needs as well those in the workplace and the broader community. Subjects involve intensive block mode workshops, action learning, self-directed study, scenario-based challenges and a real-life community leadership project.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include local government managers in councils and elected members.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
In addition to one of the above qualifications, applicants need to provide:
- a personal statement explaining their reasons for wanting to study the Graduate Certificate in Local Government Leadership
- a CV clearly articulating local government sector related work with a minimum experience of two years.
Applicants who do not satisfy the academic requirements may be considered on the ability to demonstrate equivalency through a minimum of two years' relevant work experience.
Applicants need to provide:
- a CV clearly articulating relevant experience
- a personal statement (max. 300 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to study the Graduate Certificate in Local Government Leadership. If applicable, detail should be provided about general or professional qualifications that demonstrate potential to pursue graduate studies.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 087649F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Australian Law at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Genetic Counselling at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Legal Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Australian Law at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)