Master of Science in Business Analytics
Business analytics is the process of transforming raw data into business intelligence and insight. As companies generate more data at ever faster rates, the need for business analytics professionals is growing. The Master of Science in Business Analytics program will help you:
- Develop the ability to collect, manage, and analyze data from a variety of sources.
- Enhance your understanding of business processes and systems.
- Develop the ability to understand and communicate insights gleaned from descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
Private and public firms in fields as diverse as health care, finance, logistics, and marketing need business analysts to help them identify and solve problems related to forecasting, customer relationship management, and revenue optimization — to name only a few. Experts predict that in the next 10 years, hundreds of thousands of new jobs will be created in the domain of business analytics.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The MSBA degree will be a valuable credential for individuals who wish to pursue a professional career in business analytics in private enterprises or in the public sector. Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 200,000 new jobs will be created over the next several years in the area of business analytics.
Companies that hire business analytics professionals (often with starting salaries above $90,000) include Raytheon, Amazon, UPS, McKinsey & Co., FedEx, United Health Group, Massachusetts General Hospital, and GE Energy Management. UMass Lowell MSBA graduates will be prepared for positions such as:
- Data Scientist
- Research Analyst
- Big Data Analytics Specialist
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Admission to the MSBA program is open to students who have earned a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university, with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Introductory-level business course prerequisites
- Official transcript from previously earned degrees
- An official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score (minimum 500) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with an equivalent minimum score
- 3 letters of recommendation from instructors who have taught you, ideally in the field of study for which you are applying (letters may also be from employers or supervisors who are in a position to compare your performance with that of your peers)
- A resume or CV
- A foreign credential evaluation by World Education Services or Center for Educational Documentation is required for degrees earned outside of the United States
- English proficiency testing
- TOEFL minimum 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (Internet based)
- A waiver may be given to candidates who have completed at least two semesters of full-time college/university work in the United States by the date of submission of the application
Statement of Purpose
In a separate document, submit a brief statement indicating your immediate and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, any teaching experience and/or research conducted/published that may be pertinent to your graduate program. Two pages recommended maximum.
Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide (names and email addresses) referees during the application process and an automated request will be sent out after the completion of your application.
Provide a complete and official transcript from the institution that awarded or will award you a bachelor’s degree. You may also include transcripts from other institutions at which you have taken relevant coursework. Please note that waiting for additional transcripts may delay review of your application.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD
- Master in Computer Science Entrepreneurship at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Public Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - International Business at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science - Health Information Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Finance at University of Massachusetts Lowell