Master of Science in Business Analytics
Business analytics is the process of transforming raw data into business intelligence and insight. As companies generate more data at ever faster rates, the need for business analytics professionals is growing. The Master of Science in Business Analytics program will help you:
- Develop the ability to collect, manage, and analyze data from a variety of sources.
- Enhance your understanding of business processes and systems.
- Develop the ability to understand and communicate insights gleaned from descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
Private and public firms in fields as diverse as health care, finance, logistics, and marketing need business analysts to help them identify and solve problems related to forecasting, customer relationship management, and revenue optimization — to name only a few. Experts predict that in the next 10 years, hundreds of thousands of new jobs will be created in the domain of business analytics.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of our Master's program have a bright job future. Our graduates are qualified for and are successful in finding high-level positions in many fields, including the following:
- Leaders in the nonprofit sector, where they may become managers, supervisors, or directors of a variety of human service and community organizations
- Specialists in prevention programming and health promotion
- Program evaluators, grant writers, and strategic planning specialists for a wide range of programs and organizations
- Policy planners and program developers for local or state governments
- Educators or educational administrators in settings ranging from preschools to graduate programs
- Researchers working at university or medical research centers or for government and non-profit organizations
- Human resource administrators and in the community service, public relations, or foundation giving sides of corporate life
Please note: our program is not designed for students who plan to pursue careers as direct service mental health providers. Most states require licensure for mental health providers, and our program is not designed to address the educational requirements set by most state licensing boards.
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All doctoral and master’s degree programs at UMass Lowell require the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test, with the exception of the Master of Business Administration (MBA), which requires the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
The College of Education Initial Licensure Programs require copies of the appropriate MTEL scores. Other Master of Education and Education Specialist programs require proof of an initial or professional teacher license appropriate to the field. Not all M.Ed. and Ed.S. programs require the GRE. Doctoral programs in education require GRE scores.
Statement of Purpose
In a separate document, submit a brief statement indicating your immediate and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, any teaching experience and/or research conducted/published that may be pertinent to your graduate program. Two pages recommended maximum.
Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide (names and email addresses) referees during the application process and an automated request will be sent out after the completion of your application.
Provide a complete and official transcript from the institution that awarded or will award you a bachelor’s degree. You may also include transcripts from other institutions at which you have taken relevant coursework. Please note that waiting for additional transcripts may delay review of your application.
Students for whom English is not a national language must also submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A waiver may be given to candidates who have completed at least two academic semesters of full time college/university work in the United States. The recommended minimum TOEFL scores are 550 on the paper version of the test, 213 on the computer-based version and 79-80 on the internet-based version. The minimum IELTS score is 6.5.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 14000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Master of Public Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - International Business at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Finance at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Finance at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship at University of Massachusetts Lowell