New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical)
Students will learn the core knowledge and practical skills required to meet industry needs in their chosen strand of engineering.
At Wintec it's not just about theory, it's about developing the skills students need to actually do the job so hands-on laboratory work reinforces theory taught in classrooms. Students will learn how to design products, how components work, the materials they are made from and how to manufacture them. Then, using SolidWorks students will learn how to draw and present designs for industry, leading to a final semester industry relevant project.
Wintec is closely involved with the mechanical engineering industry. From our qualified tutors, many of who are still working in the industry, to our relationship with WECA (Waikato Engineering Careers Association) who assists us in finding work placements and career opportunities for Wintec students.
With this qualification students will enter the engineering industry with the ability to apply understanding and skills to the standard expected of a practising engineering technician.
Hamilton Rotokauri Campus
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electronics) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electrical) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Construction - Quantity Surveying at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Architectural Technology at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)