Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics
Develop critical analysis skills to take data and turn it into strategies to drive business success with Deakin's Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics. Learn how to interpret data and information, then combine it with a strong foundation in all areas of business. Graduate with practical skills that will be an asset to companies all over the world.
Want to analyze complex data systems through in-demand business skills?
Data is the future of business. This combined course offers a foundation in commerce skills and the business analytics know-how to make you truly valuable to potential employers.
Within your business analytics component, you’ll look at the way businesses understand and use information. Gain insight into how products and services might be improved through data analysis, and find solutions to common management problems.
Your commerce component will take you to all areas of business and give you the opportunity to specialize with a choice of majors including:
- financial planning
- food and agribusiness
- human resource management
- management information systems
You’ll work with teachers who are active in their fields, so you’ll always learn the latest strategies and approaches to business analytics. You’ll also benefit from their extensive professional networks, so you can start building your own connections while you’re still at university.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
With a double Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics, you’ll be well-prepared for career opportunities including:
- business analyst
- business development manager
- business intelligence analyst
- client services manager
- data architect
- data engineer
- network analyst
- operations manager
- risk assessor
- systems administrator.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII) 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education with an ATAR of at least 50, and pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study equivalent to at least two Deakin University units at an accredited higher education institution OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent, including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or relevant work or life experience
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 098471C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University