Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering)
Prepare for a career designing practical and sustainable community infrastructure, with a degree in civil engineering from VU.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) covers the planning, design, construction and management of essential infrastructure. This includes:
- commercial and industrial buildings
- water supply and wastewater systems
- irrigation, drainage and flood protection systems
- bridges, roads and transport systems
- port harbour and airport facilities.
VU’s civil engineering graduates are known in the industry as well-rounded, accredited engineers. Our focus on practical teaching and work experience will have you job-ready on graduation. We offer industry placements and high-tech engineering laboratories.
As a civil engineer, you can run your own practice or work for government authorities, private industry consulting firms, or major construction companies.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a civil engineer, you can run your own practice, or find work in a wide range of government departments, private consulting firms, or major construction companies. Consulting and contract engineering roles include planning and design, operations and construction.
Job titles in civil engineering include:
- structural engineer
- water engineer
- civil engineer
- environmental engineer
- geotechnical engineer
- project engineer
- construction engineering
- roads and transport engineer.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Units 3 and 4 with a study score of 20 in Mathematics (any) (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084873M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at Victoria University