Master of Nutrition and Population Health
This is an advanced course in human nutrition that draws content from related disciplines such as public health, food science, biochemistry, physiology, epidemiology, psychology, sociology and politics, and policy.
Throughout the course, you will develop advanced knowledge of human nutrition, an understanding of the biological, social, and policy-related aspects of human nutrition, and skills that will enable you to practice effectively as a nutritionist in a range of employment settings.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a graduate of this course, you will find opportunities in a wide range of nutrition positions in government departments, non-government organizations, community sector agencies, food industry, and consulting.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are required to have completed at least a bachelor's degree, or comparable, of an acceptable standard from an approved university or other educational institution. Some degrees may have additional entry requirements, which you can find on the course pages in this guide. Masters degrees by coursework that include a research stream may provide a possible pathway to Ph.D. candidature.
The minimum entry requirement for this course is:
- completion of a three-year bachelor degree or postgraduate degree in any discipline or equivalent qualifications from an approved university or other educational institution
- at least three years of relevant professional experience.
Mandatory student checks
Applicable only to students undertaking practicum units, who will, therefore, require a Working With Children Check. Not mandatory for all students.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 092729G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Applied Science (Health) at Deakin University
- Master of Applied Science (Health and Disease) at Deakin University
- Master of Philosophy at Deakin University
- Master of Science (Environmental Science) at Deakin University
- Master of Science (Biology and Chemical Sciences) - IFM at Deakin University
- Master of Data Science at Deakin University