Graduate Diploma in Economics
Invest in your career success with future-focussed study that provides you with analytical and decision-making skills sought after by employers in today’s job market.
Higher level study in economics at UQ will develop your analytical ability, critical thinking and logic – all key decision-making skills that can contribute to greater career outcomes. This program suits graduates without an economics background who want to learn economic analysis skills.
UQ's programs are influenced by the latest economic research and taught by world-class academic staff, so you can be sure of receiving the highest quality education. Your studies will cover foundation courses in microeconomics and macroeconomics, mathematical techniques and statistics. You'll learn about the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ of decision-making that economists deal with every day.
During your Graduate Diploma in Economics program over one year you'll choose from a range of elective options covering areas such as environmental economics, health economics and economic development. This qualification can also be a pathway to an economics master's (32 unit) program.
- Discover new learning experiences in a modern economics program that's engaging, interactive and always rewarding.
- Take advantage of the many resources available through UQ and its School of Economics to guide you through your studies.
- Graduate with the abilities you need to succeed in a dynamic and increasingly competitive world.
- UQ School of Economics is consistently ranked in the top 5 percent of research-intensive economic departments in the world. Source: Research Papers in Economics
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 008579C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Financial Mathematics at The University of Queensland
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Finance and Investment Management at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate Tourism, Hotel and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Economics at The University of Queensland