Graduate Certificate of Education Studies
This course is designed to orient students to the field of education at a postgraduate level. It is suited to students who have a first qualification in a discipline other than education. It is also a pathway for students who do not yet meet the entry requirements for the Master of Education.
It provides you with an understanding of concepts and contemporary issues in education and of educational contexts and systems, locally and globally. It develops knowledge and understanding of major theoretical and professional debates in specialist areas within the field of education and locates these within contemporary research. Through your studies, you will:
- acquire knowledge of foundational concepts and traditions in education
- develop an understanding of recent issues and debates across policy and practice
- apply critical perspectives on substantive and contemporary issues and ideas
- demonstrate analytical skills in evaluating, synthesizing and communicating academic concepts
- build confidence in academic practice at an advanced level.
Completion of this course positions students to pursue education-related careers and/or further study in education. Credit will be granted for equivalent units in the Master of Education
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- Not Eligible for PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a recognized bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with a pass (50%) average. Alternatively, applicants with 5 years of relevant full-time informal learning, with a recommendation letter or reference from an employer, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Course Code: 084062B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate of Legal Systems and Services at Monash University
- Graduate Certificate of Legal Studies at Monash University
- Graduate Certificate of Laws at Monash University
- Graduate Certificate of Public Policy at Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology at Monash University
- Graduate Certificate of Educational Research at Monash University