Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy
Graduates of the postgraduate diploma will be able to:
- Ensure the safe, effective and economic use of medicines for both individual patients and patient groups
- Design, implement and optimize pharmaceutical care plans for individual patients in a broad range of therapeutic areas
- Manage the pharmaceutical care of patients with complex clinical needs
- Develop specialized knowledge of medicines use in areas of clinical interest, including advanced medicines management
This program has been designed to allow students living anywhere in New Zealand to enroll, as most of the material will be presented online (supplemented by face-to-face weekend workshops for some courses).
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Pharmacists who complete this programme will have greater experience in the preparation and implementation of pharmaceutical care and medicines management plans for a wide range of therapeutic areas, and for patients with more complex clinical needs. They will have a degree of specialisation to facilitate the progress to advanced clinical roles. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You must have completed an undergraduate degree in pharmacy at a recognized university (or similar institution).
International applicants must also be currently registered as a pharmacist with the New Zealand Pharmacy Council and domestic applicants must either be enrolled in the New Zealand pharmacist pre-registration program or currently registered as a pharmacist with the New Zealand Pharmacy Council.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Psychology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Education at University of Auckland