What is Law?
Law is an exciting, dynamic subject. Law regulates every aspect of social life: from the contracts that we make when we buy products to the laws that determine when people can be jailed for committing criminal offences, and through to significant political decisions, such as constitutional reforms on marriage or abortion. As a law student, you learn what these laws are, how they work and how they change. You learn the skills of a lawyer: how to research the law, how to make legal arguments, how to use the law to protect and serve your clients.
Law: The course for you?
The law degree will appeal to you if you are interested in society and how it works, how we regulate the relationships between people. Given the wide range of legal modules, the degree attracts students with a broad range of interests. Those interested in politics are attracted to subjects such as constitutional law. Those interested in business are attracted to subjects as company law and commercial law. Those concerned about injustice, whether at an international or national level, will be attracted to subjects such as international human rights, environmental law, and public interest law. In truth, most students have overlapping interests.
Do you enjoy…
- Problem solving, critically analysing, thinking, questioning and challenging issues?
- History, society, governance and current affairs?
- Clear, articulate expression?
Law at Trinity
Trinity’s School of Law, is Ireland’s oldest and most internationally renowned law school. It is the highest ranked Law School in Ireland in both the QS and THE world rankings 2020. We have produced some of the most prolific lawyers of the modern era in Ireland. Our strong network of alumni in Ireland abroad comprises leading lawyers, judges, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Chief Justices, Presidents of Ireland, policy-makers and public representatives.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. Honours Political Science (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.S.S. (Hons) Social Studies at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and Political Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and German at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and French at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and Business at Trinity College Dublin