Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
Broaden your career opportunities or change direction with a postgraduate qualification in Information Technology.
If you want to develop specialist IT knowledge, the Graduate Diploma in Information Technology is designed for graduates who either haven't previously studied IT, or who have completed the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology.
The one year program covers a comprehensive range of IT concepts and techniques, focusing on computer-based information systems and database technologies.
You'll complete eight courses from a huge range of options. They cover topics such as software systems, database systems, information security, and user-centred design. Elective courses also cover IT applications in different industry settings.
You'll also benefit from our flexible program. The Graduate Diploma in Information Technology offers a large number of elective courses, which means you can tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry or your career goals.
On completion, you can choose to progress to the Master of Information Technology. Because courses in the graduate diploma are taken from the Master's course list, you can transfer study credits to the higher-level programs.
- Advance your skills in web and software development, new IT concepts and techniques.
- Study courses covering software systems, database systems, information security and more.
- Tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry or your career goals.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to transfer study credits to higher-level programs.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 003856E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Magnetic Resonance Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness at The University of Queensland