BSc Chemistry with a Year in Industry
The BSc Chemistry with a Year in Industry course gives you a great opportunity to build up your CV. You will spend 12 months between your second and third years on a work placement, paying reduced fees for the year you are away from campus. Most students earn salaries during their placements and many are offered a graduate level job at the end. Previous placement students have gone to businesses such as GSK, Unilever, and even companies overseas. Unlike our MChem Chemistry with a Year in Industry course, this BSc course gives you the freedom to try a role outside the lab, such as communications, market research or business development.
The content of our courses was created in consultation with our students. On this degree, we cover a number of topics based on the latest advances in science, and the skills and expertise that chemistry graduates can offer industry and society. These include:
- environmental and sustainable chemistry
- biological and medicinal chemistry
- advanced materials and nanotechnology
- chemistry of light
- computational chemistry
Main (Western Bank) campus
The University of Sheffield is not a campus university, though most of its buildings are located in fairly close proximity to each other. The centre of the University's presence lies one mile to the west of Sheffield city centre, where there is a mile-long collection of buildings belonging almost entirely to the University.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our courses have been created with your future in mind. All of our modules have been designed to give you skills that will help you find and succeed in your chosen career - problem solving, team working, fact finding, data analysis, critical thinking, communication, project management.
As part of your course, you'll develop your own idea for a chemistry business and pitch it as part of a team. On our Skills For Success training programme you can get experience of public speaking, presenting a poster, hosting a debate or producing a video. At our annual careers day you can explore career options, meet with employers who hire chemistry graduates and get tips from former students to help you take your next steps after graduation.
- Post Study Work Permit of 2 years
- Course Code: F111
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSc or MChem Chemistry with a Foundation Year at The University of Sheffield
- BSc Chemistry with Biological and Medicinal Chemistry at The University of Sheffield
- Biosciences with a Foundation Year BSc at The University of Sheffield
- BSc Biochemistry with a Year in Industry at The University of Sheffield
- BSc Biochemistry and Microbiology with a Year in Industry at The University of Sheffield
- Biochemistry and Genetics with a Year in Industry BSc at The University of Sheffield