Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours)
Students who achieve a superior level of performance in the Bachelor of Biomedical Science at this university or any other degree approved by the Faculty Board will be able to undertake the Honours program which is of one year's duration when undertaken full-time. The Honours degree program allows students to further develop their skills in Biomedical Science by undertaking a specific research project under the supervision of appropriate staff.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Demonstrated broad coherent knowledge and an academic background appropriate for professional work. In particular, students will have demonstrated advanced and in-depth knowledge and skills in Biomedical Science
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively to collect, analyse, interpret and organise scientific information effectively
- The ability to identify, define and analyse problems using scientific method to form and test hypotheses; to apply statistical principles and logic; and to use appropriate tools for problem solving
- Reported scientific findings in written, visual and/or verbal forms and be able to communicate a convincing and reasoned scientific argument at an appropriately highly skilled level
- Applied knowledge and skills to work on a scientific activity both autonomously and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment with an ability to adapt to change, including new technologies and methods
- Demonstrated awareness of professional practice in relevant disciplines, including an understanding, appreciation and respect for appropriate conduct and ethical practice.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 039702D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle