Tertiary Preparation Program (Health Sciences)
This course is for international students who want to pursue academic studies in health sciences.
Students will be given the opportunity to develop effective English language communication skills that are needed by health practitioners.
In particular, students will explore:
- the language and terminology of health sciences
- a variety of materials centred around health science content
- communication with patients and their relatives
- how to deal with issues in the health professions
- critical thinking and problem solving.
Emphasis will be placed on working independently and as a team member, self-directed study, and building confidence. Students will also receive support and specific preparation for external English language proficiency tests and each student will receive a free IELTS test.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Pathways to further study
This course provides a pathway for international students to enter specified undergraduate degree courses within the Faculty of Health Sciences. Applicants should refer to Schedule 3 of the Admissions to Coursework Programs Policy for a list of those courses.
One year courses are not eligible for applying PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must:
- have completed the equivalent of year 11 (completion of senior high school in countries where this is not considered equivalent to an Australian year 12)
- have a minimum English language proficiency level of IELTS 6.0, with no individual score less than 6.0, or equivalent.
An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
- Course Code: 073628D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A