Master of Nursing (Research)
The Master of Nursing (Research) will suit you if you have achieved a high credit average in your undergraduate nursing degree and you wish to complete further research in an area of particular interest. To graduate, you will need to complete a substantial research project culminating in a thesis. You will be supported by academic staff throughout your Master’s program.
Available as a full-time program across two calendar years (or equivalent part-time), our Master of Nursing (Research) will provide you with the research skills you need to support your professional practice. Topics covered include literature review, research methodology, ethics, analysis, verification and report writing. Furthermore, the program consists of a number of supervised research subjects which can include research coursework as appropriate.
You will be expected to complete a substantial research project culminating in a thesis. Candidates will be assigned university-based supervisors who will provide support and academic guidance. Your supervisor will mentor and direct your studies throughout the research phase until your thesis is put forward for examination. Government support is available for both domestic and international students, while domestic students may also apply for stipend scholarships which are awarded to students of exceptional potential.
Our foundation Campus is located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. Housed within beautifully restored heritage buildings, it provides a ‘town university’ of great character. The iconic Campus is close to the Fremantle Harbour, cafe?s, shops and the famous ‘Cappuccino Strip’, and all major transport hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Through the research skills and knowledge you gain in this course, you will be able to provide leadership as a nurse at a local, national and international level.
You’ll be qualified for a research-related career in a wide range of public and private healthcare settings and in universities.
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
In order to be considered for entry, applicants are expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse within Australia or provisional registration whichever is applicable at the time of the students program commencement;
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the clause above, but are able to demonstrate equivalent international experience satisfy the criteria. In these circumstances, an applicant’s research topic may be limited to a non-clinical setting; and
- Bachelor of Nursing or other appropriate degree; and
- Minimum of two years relevant post registration nursing experience, or as acceptable by the program coordinator; and
- An applicant may be required to satisfy the Dean of the School of Nursing and Midwifery of the ability to understand and communicate in both written and spoken English at a level adequate for the purpose of pursuing the program of study.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 073038D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Science (Arts & Sciences) (Master by research) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Physiotherapy) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Philosophy & Theology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Nursing) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Medicine) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Law) at The University of Notre Dame Australia