Computational Applied Mathematics MSc
Computational Mathematics, in particular the physical applied areas and the theory and implementation of numerical methods and algorithms, have wide-ranging applications in both the public and private sectors. More recently, in this era of ubiquitous and cheap computing power, there has been an explosion in the number of problems that require us to understand processes by modelling them, and to use data sets that are large. Thus the subject of Computational Mathematics has become increasingly prominent. Consequently there is high demand also for computational modellers and data scientists. This programme concentrates on the overlap and synergy between these fields.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme will provide training in the tools and techniques of mathematical modelling and scientific computing, and will provide students with skills for problem solving using modern techniques of applied mathematics.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 degree, or its international equivalent, in a numerate discipline such as mathematics, engineering, computer or physical sciences.
Previous study of applied mathematics, probability and differential equations at university level will be required.
Applicants should have studied a university level course with a substantial programming element, or have an equivalent level of programming experience.
You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh