Bachelor of Speech Pathology
Speech pathologists recognise the importance of communication and swallowing as activities that enable people to participate fully in their daily lives. They work with individuals, groups, families, and communities to support the development, rehabilitation and maintenance of effective communication and swallowing skills across the lifespan.
Our speech pathology program will prepare you to assess and diagnose difficulties with speech, language, voice, fluency, multi-modal communication and swallowing, and enable you to provide intervention and support that is person-centred, culturally-sensitive and evidence-based. You’ll recognise the dignity of the human person and your responsibility towards the common good, and have opportunities to put your values, knowledge and skills into action with professional practice and community engagement activities in Australia and overseas.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our graduates have pursued careers in:
- early intervention services for children
- rehabilitation centres
- mental health services
- community health services
- aged care services
- private practice research
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate, including studies in biology, chemistry or physics.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS minimum overall score of 8.0 (with a minimum score of 8.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
The Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours) program is embedded into years 3 and 4 of the Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Pass) program.
To be eligible to apply for admission to the honours program, a student must have completed 160 cp from years 1 and 2 of the Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Pass) degree, with a grade point average of at least 5.50.
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy
- Course Code: 078174M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)