Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Fashion and Textiles
The Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Fashion and Textiles is an internationally recognised degree that gives students the start they need to pursue careers across all facets of the international fashion industry. The degree provides the conceptual knowledge and garment-making skills required to transform creative vision into compelling fashion statements.
The course centres on design studios which integrate practice-oriented learning into specific projects and parallel to the processes which professionals undertake in industry. The honours year facilitates the development and realisation of major projects as a professional design outcome.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include womenswear designer, menswear designer, fashion production, art/creative director, textile designer, print designer, fashion forecasting. Some graduates start their own business, while others work within an established company locally or with larger international brands. Graduates may also continue studies at postgraduate level in both coursework or research degrees.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
These non-threshold applicants must additionally provide:
- a digital portfolio of 10 x A4 landscape PDFs that display digital files, scans and/or photographs of original design work done by the applicant (max. size 5MB)
- a 200–300-word statement addressing the applicant's reasons for undertaking honours-level study in design at UTS and the specific learning that they are seeking given their intended career direction on completion of the degree
- a 200–300-word project proposal outline that includes a project description; identification of research context; description of specific research focus; and set of design methods, techniques, materials and approaches to be employed (include reference to three fashion practitioners as exemplars of experimental practice relevant to the proposed project)
- a one-page CV in PDF format that clearly articulates the applicant's design or related experience.
Applicants who completed the Bachelor of Design in Fashion and Textiles four or more years ago must also provide supporting reference(s) from related industry employer(s) and a copy of their academic transcript. Non-UTS applicants must provide a verified copy of their previous academic transcript.
Students must refer to the inherent requirements for all degrees offered by Design and Architecture in the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 077330A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production) Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - (C10324) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Global Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Product Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Animation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Visual Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)