Bachelor of Legal Studies
The Bachelor of Legal Studies is a broad and comprehensive course that will provide graduates with a piece of wide legal knowledge and skills in legal reasoning. In particular, this course provides students with the opportunity to design their own program of study after completing the core units. Students may study units of interest from a particular category which will enhance career opportunities in an ever-changing legal services market. The course will also provide career opportunities for those with an interest in a career in policy development and the justice sector.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This broad and comprehensive course will enhance career opportunities for those who want to work in, what might be described as, an ever-changing legal services market. Almost every industry across the private and public sector depends on professionals with an excellent understanding of the law and skills in legal reasoning.
In particular, this course will provide graduates with legal knowledge to equip them to be paralegals working for in-house lawyers (the fastest growing sector in law at present), not just legal practices or law firms, or to pursue a range of careers in areas such as banking and finance, communications and public relations, corporate governance, court administration, information technology, journalism and publishing, justice departments, politics and public policy-making, and research and policy analysis. In addition, opportunities are available in mining and agricultural companies, natural resource and environmental management agencies, and in local, state, and the federal government.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 098051A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Special and Inclusive Education (Primary) at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Work at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Science with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Science at University of New England
- Bachelor of Laws (4 Years) at University of New England
- Bachelor of Laws (3 Years) at University of New England