Graduate Certificate in Mediation and Conflict Resolution (GCMedConfRes)
Gain the knowledge and practical skills to deal with conflicts ranging from small individual disagreements to large scale, international and multi-party disputes.
The Graduate Certificate in Mediation and Conflict Resolution program will see you undertake detailed studies in conflict resolution, including training in practical skills and a range of key conflict resolution processes, such as dialogue and mediation.
You'll draw on current practices as you learn to deal with everything from small individual disputes to large-scale, international and multi-party conflicts. You can choose from courses such as Mediation, Conflict Resolution, The Politics and Power of Nonviolence, Peace-building, and Gender, Peace and Security in Global and Local Perspective.
The multidisciplinary nature of conflict resolution is reflected in this half-year full-time (or part-time equivalent) program, which sees students come from disciplines including political science and international studies, law, medicine, business, social science, education and the arts.
As a graduate, you may work directly in the field of conflict resolution, in international peace-building efforts, in private practice as a mediator, or as a mediator or conciliator for a variety of government or private sector organisations.
- Develop your capacity to negotiate, mediate, manage and resolve issues in a wide range of settings.
- Use the program to complete the requirements for national accreditation as a mediator.
- Choose to articulate into UQ’s suite of masters programs in peace and conflict studies or international relations.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Peacekeeping official
- Community support officer
- Crisis management adviser
- Family dispute resolution practitioner
- Complaints and disputes manager
- Chief compliance officer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed post-secondary study and have relevant work experience in a related discipline approved by the executive dean.
Unless otherwise stated, the minimum amount of relevant work experience is 2 years full-time equivalent (either paid or voluntary), with documented evidence (such as references). Relevant professional experience may include work experience in the planning, research, management, implementation or evaluation of domestic or international peacebuilding, mediation, conflict resolution, transitional justice and cognate efforts to manage conflict or facilitate peace. Work may be undertaken with community organisations, non-governmental organisations, government agencies, or other cognate organisations. The work experience should demonstrate computer literacy, research and writing skills, and ability to work collaboratively.
- Course Code: 062633J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate Tourism, Hotel and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Development Practice at The University of Queensland