Master of Spirituality
What this course is about
The Master of Spirituality enables students to acquire an advanced understanding of the theological and spiritual foundations of spirituality, spiritual practice and spiritual growth, and to apply this knowledge of spiritual principles to individual and community life in the Christian tradition.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Spirituality:
- have advanced knowledge of the theological and spiritual foundations of spirituality, spiritual practice and spiritual growth in the Christian tradition, and of the relation of these to broader theological studies
- have mastery of skills to reflect critically on personal spiritual experience in the light of key themes, traditions, and approaches in spirituality
- have communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions and professional decisions about themes, traditions, and approaches in spirituality
- apply knowledge of themes, traditions, and approaches in spirituality with creativity and initiative to professional practice and further learning
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience, or piece of scholarship.
Catholic Theological College
At Catholic Theological College our emphasis on personal reflection and pastoral service, combined with our excellence in academic rigour, enables us to offer students opportunities for deeper understanding of our faith and ways to explore how faith can contribute to our contemporary world.
Pilgrim Theological College
Pilgrim Theological College is an initiative of the Uniting Church Synod of Victoria and Tasmania, providing a rich tapestry of ecumenical theological education under the leadership of a Faculty of eminent scholars.
Stirling Theological College
At Stirling we believe that the preparation of God’s people for service, leadership, ministry and mission is absolutely crucial. We are convinced that something life-giving and hope-filled happens when behaviour, belonging and belief converge.
Whitley College is a culturally diverse community of learners committed to practical expressions of God’s activity in the world. We wrestle together in spiritual formation through theological reflection, creative exploration and academic rigour.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Usually between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree.
Attend an interview
It is a requirement that all students attend an admissions interview with an academic advisor at a College. This will be a Course Advisor in the case of coursework applicants, and a Research Coordinator in the case of a higher degree by research applicants. The interview may be conducted by telephone or email or similar means. The purpose of the interview is to help you choose the right course, to ensure you meet the admission requirements, and to plan a program of study appropriate to your course and your needs.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 300 AUD
- Master of Theology (Research) at University of Divinity
- Master of Theology (Coursework) at University of Divinity
- Master of Theological Studies at University of Divinity
- Master of Spiritual Direction at University of Divinity
- Master of Pastoral Care at University of Divinity
- Master of Education and Theology at University of Divinity