Bachelors of Arts / Education (Secondary)
Become a secondary school teacher with both teaching skills and specialist arts knowledge, and practise your skills in real classrooms.
This dual degree will give you a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of teaching secondary school, and specialist skills in the arts.
In the Bachelor of Education program, you'll combine university study with practical experience. You'll explore how to teach and how people learn, and study topics from two teaching areas. You'll then apply your knowledge in real classrooms.
Throughout the program you’ll be immersed in hands-on workshops, school visits and supervised placements, and gain a strong understanding of day-to-day life in a secondary school.
By combining your education training with a Bachelor of Arts, you'll gain both teaching skills and specialist subject knowledge. With one of the most comprehensive course offerings in Australia, you'll have the opportunity to explore the subjects you love by choosing from study areas across the humanities, social sciences and languages, helping you build the portfolio of capabilities you need to become an expert teacher.
- Graduate as an expert in two or more teaching areas, with two degrees.
- Gain early experience in classrooms, with placements available from your first year.
- Learn from world-renowned educators who’ll teach you flexible and creative ways to cater for the diverse learning needs of children and young adults.
- Choose from a wide range of study areas
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Ancient History/History
- Chinese Translation and Interpreting
- Film and Television Studies
- Legal Education Studies
- Media and Digital Cultures
- Popular Music and Technology
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Classroom music teacher
- Drama teacher
- English teacher
- Mathematics teacher
- French language teacher
- Legal education teacher
- Geography teacher
- Economics secondary school teacher
- Secondary school teacher
- History teacher
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 020137F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) at The University of Queensland