BA (Hons) in Music with Teaching
From the beginning of the degree, students explore the technique and mechanics for their own instrument and how this works physically with various learners, from young children’s changing bodies to adults who have more established muscular routines.
They move on to research the various graded examination systems across classical and popular music and how music is taught in the National Curriculum, both for mainstream and special needs children.
Learning about teaching would be nothing if students did not learn a new instrument themselves. Everyone learns as a beginner and has to sit a mock Grade 1 exam and the experience of a singer learning the violin can be revelatory, as suddenly the instrument is not within, but external to the body.
This experience coincides with preparing assembly presentations and workshops for KS1 and KS2 children.
Going to a variety of schools gives the university students a rounded view of different contexts they can work as visiting private teachers.
Academically, students learn about the psychology of learning and teaching.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Code: W32X
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSC (HONS) DIGITAL FILM TECHNOLOGIES at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH CRIMINOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) RELIGION, ETHICS AND SOCIETY at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) PAINTING AND DRAWING at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) MUSIC WITH MUSICAL THEATRE at University of Chichester