Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Criminology
The Bachelor of Arts allows you to choose from over forty areas of study, and to develop the research skills, advanced discipline knowledge and self-reliance to acquire information, assess evidence, and convey complex ideas. You will be able to enrich your global awareness through a multitude of internships, professional engagement, and overseas study opportunities such as the Monash Arts Global Immersion Guarantee, preparing you to live and work in complex and culturally diverse environments while building a community of like-minded peers. You'll develop a rich understanding of human difference and communication, and the complexities of social organization.
The Bachelor of Criminology is the study of crime and social control: how we define it, what causes it, and how we respond to it provide a window into our society. The degree will give you an understanding of victimization and perpetration, and inequality and its impacts. You will consider the local, national, and global aspects of crime and justice while assessing society’s changing responses. Learn about the crime committed by individuals, groups, organizations and states, and the mechanisms of the criminal justice system including police, courts, and corrections. You will engage with policy leaders in crime and justice, and experience criminal justice in action in a range of international, national, and local contexts. Take the opportunity to combine criminology with areas of study that offer a natural pairing such as psychology, sociology, behavioral studies, gender studies, anthropology.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Monash minimum: Level 1, that is: Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- Monash minimum: Level 1, that is: At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- Course Code: 0101331
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Music at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University