Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw)
Pursue a variety of career opportunities opening up in areas of commercial law associated with the growing field of international commerce and global trade.
The Master of International Commercial Law is designed for students with a commercial background wanting to focus their studies on areas of law relevant to international commercial operations.
You'll undertake courses introducing private law and public law, along with a range of commercially related law courses carefully created and selected to be relevant to non-lawyers yet still of interest and benefit to lawyers, including:
- Business and Corporate Law
- Business Taxation
- Corporate Governance Law and Practice
- International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- International Trade Law and Technology
- Private Law
- Protecting Intellectual Property and Intangible Assets
- Public Law
Plus you'll undertake a supervised research project or dissertations.
- Study courses in specific areas of law relevant when operating in an international context.
- Deepen your knowledge and understanding of the role international law plays in the modern world.
- Graduate with respected qualifications that enhance your employment prospects in international commerce and trade.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
At UQ, we use a 7 point grading scale, where a 4 is a pass and 7 is the highest grade. When assessing your qualifications, we will convert the grade you received in your previous studies to our grading scale. This sometimes involves recalculating your GPA.
Different institutions calculate GPAs with different methods. When calculating your GPA, we may exclude certain non-academic subjects and include all failing grades.
Our GPA equivalency guide can be used as a guide to help you find the minimum UQ GPA equivalencies for the country or region where you completed your bachelor's degree.
If your GPA doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the program you're interested in, you may receive an articulation offer, which could allow you to progress to the master's degree when you meet the GPA requirements.
To enrol in the program a person must hold a relevant bachelor degree in Economics or cognate discipline or equivalent as approved by the Executive Dean; and satisfy the Executive Dean that, based on the academic record, the person is suitably qualified for admission.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 096808K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Social Work (Qualifying) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Teaching (Primary) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies at The University of Queensland
- Master of Laws (LLM) at The University of Queensland
- Masters of International Relations / Peace and Conflict Studies at The University of Queensland