Genomic Medicine, PGCert
If you are a healthcare professional already working in the NHS, or you’re a graduate wanting to work in the clinical setting, this MSc Genomic Degree will enhance your career prospects.
This part-time course based on the curriculum of Health Education England, NHS England and Genomics England LTD, will equip you with; knowledge and skills to understand and interpret genomic data, an understanding of genetic and genomic techniques in a clinical setting, bioinformatic approaches required for analysis of genomic data, and advanced knowledge and skills to improve service delivery to patients.
On this programme you will be introduced to the fundamentals of human genetics and genomics along with techniques required for DNA and RNA sequencing to study genomic variation observed in the clinical setting. Everything you learn will enhance your employability skills, whether you already work in the NHS, or you are a student who wants a career in the clinical setting.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should hold a 2:1 in a relevant subject such as biochemistry, genetics, pharmacology, pharmacy, medical biosciences or nursing*
Applications from candidates who can demonstrate sufficient relevant work experience may also be considered on an individual basis, for example:
- a relevant professional qualification at a suitable level
- several years' relevant post-qualifying professional experience, at least some of which must be at a responsible level
- completion of at least three years of an undergraduate medical degree
*Degrees awarded in countries other than the UK can be accepted if they are confirmed to be equivalent to awards in the UK system and students meet English Language requirements with an IELTS score of 6.5 or above (or equivalent)
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A