Ph.D. in Nursing
The Ph.D. program in nursing prepares educators and scholars who will conduct research and advance knowledge in nursing science and health promotion. Our program is committed to excellence in teaching and research. We offer an affordable, flexible, and transformational blended program. The nursing courses are offered using a weekend executive blended online format, meeting once per month on Saturdays for on-campus classes. The program consists of 48 credits and meets the recommendations of the American Association of the Colleges of Nursing (AACN) guidelines. We welcome international students and students from diverse backgrounds.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our program prepares nurse educators, administrators, researchers, and consultants. The market for nursing PhDs is very strong in light of a current nurse faculty shortage which is predicted to continue through the next decade. Some of our graduates continue to post-doctoral programs while others begin an academic or research career immediately upon graduation.
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission requirements include:
- Current Massachusetts R.N. license or eligibility
- A Master's degree in nursing or health-related field with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.3
- Official transcripts from prior academic undergraduate and graduate records
- A personal statement about the applicant's interest in the program and career goals
- Professional CV
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can assess the applicant's academic preparation for advanced graduate work.
- It is requested that each reference include a personal letter on official stationery in addition to a numerical evaluation of the student using the standard UMass Lowell graduate reference form.
- Writing sample is recommended
- A personal interview is scheduled after review of the completed online application
- GRE's are required within the past 5 years
- Graduate Application fee
International applicants are encouraged to apply! We have educated Ph.D. nurses from Thailand, China and Israel. RN applicants who are from outside of the United States must hold a master's degree in nursing or health-related field and have established professional records in nursing are encouraged to apply. The TOEFL or IELTS is required in addition to having grades translated into English by a reputable program.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Ph.D. in Radiological Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Physics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Doctor of Physical Therapy at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) at University of Massachusetts Lowell