Bachelor of Biomedical Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Applied Public Health is a double degree for people interested in the biomedical, community and population aspects of health. Students will be introduced to the sub-disciplines of Biomedical Science including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology and microbiology. Studies in public health address the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health by improving social and political systems. Public health includes environmental, economic, technical, educational and legislative measures.
Specifically, the course aims to:
- Prepare graduates to apply best evidence, sound judgment and strategy to biomedical and public health issues and challenges from local and global environments and contexts
- Develop skills in project management, communication, population level monitoring, personal leadership and performance accountability necessary to be effective in public health
- Inspire students through high-quality industry, community and service placements including international opportunities
- Foster in students the importance of professional excellence and accountability
- Prepare graduates for a successful entry into the public health and biomedical science workforces
- Foster a lifelong commitment to effective health promotion globally.
Combine compassion for humanity and a commitment to social justice with a sound theoretical understanding of processes affecting disadvantaged communities and individuals both locally and internationally.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Applied Public Health can enter a wide range of public health or biomedical science careers, such as:
- public health officer
- community development worker
- policy analyst
- program evaluator
- health educator
- project officer and consumer advocate
within a variety of organisations such as:
- government health departments
- population health units
- community health centres
- non–governmental health organisations (NGOs)
- advocacy groups
- international health agencies
- not-for-profit organisations
- pharmaceutical and medical technology companies.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate, including studies in Mathematics. Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
- Course Code: 088051F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)