Health Informatics, PGDip
Are you working in healthcare and want to increase your knowledge and skills in health informatics? It’s one of the fastest growing areas in the UK and our MSc Health Informatics degree could increase your career prospects.
This course uses state- of- the- art technologies and has a strong focus on practical and analytical skills which you can apply in your working environment. It is available as either a one year full time course or three years part time.
Through links with the NHS and organisations within the Life Science sector you’ll learn about new developments and the changing nature of technology within health informatics, which will place you at the forefront of this fast growing industry.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is normally on the basis of UK Honours Degree Grade 2:2 or above or an equivalent qualification for overseas applicants. Undergraduates of any of the following cognate disciplines should consider applying for this course:
- Healthcare Professionals / Management / Technology
- Health Information / Data Management
- Medical / Clinical Records / Coding
- ICT and Computer / Health / Social / Sports Science
- Health Economics
- Nursing and Social Work / Care
- Business Administration / Management and Application Statistics
Non-graduates are also welcome to apply. All applications are considered on individual merit, taking into account of any relevant work experience. Should you have qualifications below the required minimum or lack a suitable first degree, please feel encouraged to submit an application if you have at least two years of experience in health informatics or related fields.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A