Linguistics and English Language Teaching MA
This unique course bridges the gap between linguistic theory and language teaching practice to enable you to develop a career in language teaching or research.
Whether you’re already a teacher or you plan to become one, this degree offers you an in-depth theoretical and methodological understanding of how language is structured, used and interpreted and how this can inform language teaching. Core modules will introduce you to key topics in linguistics such as syntax, phonetics and phonology, as well as teaching methodologies and how they are applied. You’ll also improve your knowledge of research methods in language sciences.
To enhance your knowledge, you’ll choose from optional modules to suit your career plans or interests, on topics such as second language acquisition or pragmatics. With support from expert tutors within the Language at Leeds research network, you’ll gain valuable skills and a sound knowledge base to prepare you for further research or to inform your teaching practice.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Language for Education at University of Leeds
- Language for Business: Business Management and Enterprise at University of Leeds
- TESOL Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Professional Language and Intercultural Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics MA at University of Leeds
- Arabic/English Translation MA at University of Leeds