Management, BS (Management Information Systems Concentration)
Information and data analytics technologies are transforming all aspects of the business. Students who concentrate in Information Systems and Business Analytics (ISBA) can acquire the knowledge and skills needed to take a leading role in these innovative fields. The curriculum of the ISBA concentration covers the topics in business analytics and its information systems foundation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Courses in the ISBA program are designed to offer students options in the following career paths:
- Business Analytics
- Information Systems
The Business Analytics path prepares students for careers that address the best use of data in contemporary business environments. Students in this career path will gain the ability to understand data management, data storage, data processing, data visualization, and predictive analytics. Some of the positions people in this career path have taken include data analytics or data science specialists working with software to process data and generate reports, data analytics designer who design data warehouses and business intelligence systems, and business analysts or managers using analytical insights to solve problems for management decisions. People in this career path are expected to be in high demand as organizations increasingly understand the value of data and analytics and turn to data-driven decision-making.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- Sport Leadership and Administration BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Management, BS (Supply Chain and Service Management Concentration) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Management, BS (Marketing Concentration) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Management, BS (Leadership and Organizational Change Concentration) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Management BS (International Management Concentration) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Management, BS (Finance Concentration) at University of Massachusetts Boston