Master of Animation and Visualisation
The Master of Animation and Visualisation has been developed in partnership with Animal Logic and is offered through the UTS Animal Logic Academy. The course develops creative professional practice, conceptual skills and technical dexterity in an immersive studio environment. Under the guidance and mentorship of practitioners and leaders from the industry, learning takes place in a custom built VFX studio and teaching facility that is modelled on a real-world production work structures and engineered to the highest industry standards, engaging with the tools and technologies that define the animation and visualisation industry today.
The course provides challenges and opportunities that encourage exploration and skills-building across the spectrum of roles in digital production, animation, visual effects and emerging visualisation disciplines. Collaborative work practices guide the development of strong competencies in critical thinking, problem-solving, design thinking and effective communication in a production environment. Graduates are able to work productively and effectively in a professional workplace environment.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates are able to innovate in traditional professions, as well as drive the development of new industry sectors. They gain skills that can be applied across a range of roles, from animation, visual effects and software development, to creating immersive data driven visualisation experiences and across emerging technologies.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must provide the following documentation, substantiating their skill in at least one specialisation of digital production or visualisation, such as: animation, modelling, rigging, fx, compositing, surfacing, art/design, concept art, scenic art, storyboarding, anatomy, character development, still-life, virtual reality, augmented reality, production management and/or coding/programming:
- a digital portfolio, demonstrating aptitude in at least one aspect of 3D design, animation, visualisation, VR-AR, production and/or coding, as a PDF file (10 pages) AND a link to the applicant’s showreel (no more than 10 minutes) on Vimeo, YouTube or Quicktime file, with a showreel breakdown;
- for programming applicants (without a showreel) please provide documented experience in programming for digital production or visualisation and include links to coding projects on sites such as GitHub;
- a 300-word personal statement addressing the applicant's reasons for seeking placement in the ALA Master of Animation & Visualisation at UTS; and
- a CV that clearly articulates the applicant’s education, training and experience in their specialised area of digital production or visualisation, a concise account of the individual role played in the creation of any work submitted, and contact details for two referees, who can validate the applicant’s level of skills (these referees can be previous employers/managers or lecturers/teachers).
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 092411G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Advanced Journalism (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)