Bachelor of International Studies with a Specialisation in Chinese International Studies
Having the ability to communicate successfully across cultures, as well as the expertise to apply language and cultural engagement skills in local and global situations, will enhance your career prospects in a range of professions with an international outlook.
The Chinese International Studies specialisation will develop your proficiency in the language, and provide you with an understanding of Chinese culture, historical and contemporary global trends, and identity construction in Chinese-speaking nations and communities.
- You can start at the language level that suits your ability: introductory, intermediate, advanced or heritage.
- Our distinctive cross-cultural and interdisciplinary approach to languages enables you to identify the relationships between culture, identity, language, and communication in a variety of cross-cultural settings including inside and outside the classroom.
- Your language and intercultural skills will skyrocket with authentic intercultural experiences and opportunities during an overseas university exchange in your third year.
- You’ll have the opportunity to undertake a focused internship in Australia or overseas linked to Chinese language and culture.
- Macquarie is ranked in the top five in Australia for arts and humanities (Best Global Universities, US News & World Report, 2018) and in the top 100 in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018).
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall student experience and for teaching quality and learning resources in humanities, culture and social sciences (QILT, 2017).
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Communications coordinator
- Community support worker
- Cultural adviser
- Government and business consultant
- International trade consultant
- Language teacher (after further study)
- Tourism and travel consultant
- Translator and interpreter (after further study)
- Australian Government
- Cultural organisations
- International business corporations
- International public sector, eg, UN agencies, other IGOs and NGOs
- Large and small local and multinational businesses
- State government agencies
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 054336G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Cultures of Ancient Greece, Rome and Late Antiquity at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Cultures of Ancient Egypt and the Near East at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Cultural Anthropology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Music at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Media and Communications at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of International Studies with a Specialisation in Croatian International Studies at Macquarie University (MQU)