Social and Political Thought MA
The MA Social and Political Thought offers an exciting, interdisciplinary focus for the study of key social and political problems. It draws upon expertise from both the School of Sociology and Social Policy and the School of Politics and International Studies to create a research-based environment that integrates an advanced theoretical agenda with a strong practical orientation.
The course explores how theoretical frameworks can be applied within contemporary social research. You are encouraged to consider the positioning and relevance of classical and contemporary theory, including feminist, postcolonial and psychoanalytical perspectives, to an understanding of contemporary economic, social, political and cultural phenomena.
You will consider how the works of key authors from Marx, Weber and Durkheim through to Foucault, Bauman, Butler and Lazzarato help us to understand the rapid social change occurring around the world. You will also study the sociology of nations, nation-states, capital and markets and inequality in global and comparative perspective.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- International Law and Global Governance LLM at University of Leeds
- Security, Conflict and Justice MSc at University of Leeds
- Political Science MSc at University of Leeds
- Law and Finance MSc at University of Leeds
- Criminal Justice and Criminology MSc at University of Leeds
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages MEd at University of Leeds