Master of Audiology
This research-based program is recognized by the New Zealand Audiological Society (NZAS).
Becoming an audiologist involves the completion of the two-year master's program, followed by one further year of supervised clinical practice, leading to a Certificate of Clinical Competence provided by the NZAS. This is normally undertaken while employed in an audiology clinic.
Facilities such as the University's Hearing and Tinnitus Clinic and The Oticon Foundation Hearing Education Centre provide excellent opportunities for clinical training and continuing education for practicing audiologists.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates have developed the necessary academic knowledge, research, and clinical experience to practice audiology at entry-level. Graduates may work as clinicians in the public or private sector or apply to pursue doctoral study. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this program
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland