PGCE SECONDARY MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Our one-year, full-time Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Secondary Modern Foreign Languages program will equip you with the skills, experience, and knowledge you need to teach modern foreign languages to pupils aged between 11 and 16 – plus the option of additional experience of A-Level modern foreign languages teaching. Upon successful completion of your PGCE, you’ll graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 90 Master’s credits.
An essential part of the course is to understand and be able to help pupils to meet the demands of the National Curriculum and post-16 specifications.
You will learn about the theory of how languages are learned and benefit from engaging in activities that give you practical experience of planning schemes of work and individual lessons. Collaborating with your peers, you will compare and contrast methods and build your confidence and techniques before undertaking school-based placements.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
At UEA CareerCentral, we help students understand how their talents and abilities can fit the wider world.
Our guidance, workshops and experiences allow students to explore possible career pathways and the realities of job progression whilst developing the attributes and resilience to achieve their ambitions. Through close collaboration with Schools and Academics across the University, we ensure students are aware of their options and given opportunities from their first day until after they graduate.
We work in partnership with thousands of organisations to ensure students experience different working environments to understand what is expected of them.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- PGCE PRIMARY (SPECIALISING IN KEY STAGE 2) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY YEARS WITH LANGUAGES - SPANISH (90 CREDITS) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY YEARS WITH LANGUAGES - FRENCH (90 CREDITS) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY YEARS WITH LANGUAGES - GERMAN (90 CREDITS) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE PRIMARY (SPECIALISING IN FOUNDATION STAGE AND KEY STAGE 1) at University of East Anglia
- PGCE MATHS WITH COMPUTING - SECONDARY YEARS at University of East Anglia