MSc in Digital Financial Technology
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Science in Digital Financial Technology (MSc DFinTech) is jointly offered by the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF), NUS School of Computing and NUS Business School.
Financial technology (abbreviated as FinTech) refers to a broad spectrum of technologies and innovations that are being used to improve and automate the delivery of financial services. The FinTech industry has grown explosively in the last decade, with the advances being made in cloud computing, data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI).
To meet surging demand for high quality FinTech talent in Singapore and globally, this new flagship graduate programme in FinTech is designed to help students build a strong foundation in computing and finance, and features a range of elective modules organised along three tracks: Computing Technologies, Financial Data Analytics and Intelligence, and Digital Financial Transactions and Risk Management.
The programme is intended primarily to help prepare graduates for challenging but rewarding careers as AI software developers, data scientists, FinTech security specialists, financial quantitative analysts and other similar professions in financial institutions or FinTech firms.
Why This Programme?
- Build a solid foundation in FinTech with a programme backed by NUS School of Computing and the NUS Business School, both of which are ranked among the best schools in their subject areas1.
- Optimise learning with a customisable curriculum; choose electives according to one of three tracks or based on personalised needs, and decide which capstone project option is a better fit—an academic research project conducted under the supervision of our accomplished faculty, or an internship with a FinTech company to gain practical industry experience.
- Prepare for a career in the fast-growing FinTech sector such as a Blockchain Developer, Financial Analyst or FinTech Product Specialist.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Executive Positions (R&G)
Teaching Positions (R&G)
Research Positions (R&G)
Academic and Research Positions
Executive & Administrative Positions
Associate Management Programme
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing, or
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (such as Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), Finance, Economics or Business)
- Python programming knowledge and/or learning in advanced quantitative subjects
- For holders of Bachelor’s Degrees in related disciplines (see above), two years of Fintech or information technology (IT) industry experience
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 90 (Internet-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score 6.0
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) minimum scores of 320 (Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning) and 3.5 (Analytical Writing), or
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) minimum score of 650, or
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) scores for graduates from Indian universities.
- * GRE/GMAT/GATE preferred, but not required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 100 SGD