Journalism and Documentary Practice MA
This MA is for you if you have a passion for news, current affairs, documentary or any aspect of factual programme-making. It offers a practical training in, and critical engagement with, journalism and documentary-making.
This MA combines theory and practice. We focus on fast-changing developments in journalism and documentary practice. You’ll learn how to:
- create informed and engaging journalism – for print or radio and tv (off or online) – to a professional standard
- develop your visual and verbal storytelling
- research, shoot and edit documentaries about the topics that interest you most
- project manage, schedule, budget and distribute your documentary work
- contextualise your practice through critical study of current media developments.
We offer excellent technical facilities. These include a newsroom, the latest software, video and radio studios, and a suite of digital media laboratories.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex
- Conflict, Security and Development MA at University of Sussex