Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Culinary Arts
What is the BA (Hons) in Culinary Arts Course?
This is a full time, four year, level 8 programme of innovative and dynamic culinary study. It is a revisioning of traditional culinary skills training to include a number of other disciplines such as food innovation, media and visual arts, food policy, speciality food production, sustainable practices and gastronomy.
The curriculum has been designed to bring students into the worlds of interdisciplinary learning, research and enquiry and the emphasis is less on training and more on holistic development in order that graduates will elevate current industry practices to a new dimension both regionally and nationally. Graduates will be empowered to become self-starters with passion and entrepreneurial traits.
International and Industrial Experience
Central to the degree is a year combining industrial and international experience. During the first semester of year 3 students have the opportunity to take a semester of international study, followed by an internship in industry in semester 6. This will offer culinary students first-hand experience of international standards and best practice in culinary operations.
This course offers an interdisciplinary study of social, human and culinary sciences and will encourage students to think about the future of gastronomy, encouraging them to explore the connection between environmental consciousness and creativity, politics and food production, the media and culinary arts, amongst other things.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD194
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Design (Visual Communications) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Visual Art at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Music at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) at Waterford Institute of Technology